TYO was formed 11th, 2002 with Tavoyan’s youth from Bangkok, Sangkhlaburi, Ranong and Chum Phorn. TYO was formed for cooperate in against the Junta, SPDC and to work out for Human Rights, Federal Union with youth from along Thai-Burma border. Also, to cooperate in youth activities and to learn the situation of Tavoyan youth along the border, then networking with those youth who are recently providing at the border areas. TYO is focusing upon situations and activities and we established Tavoyan Youth Organization’s Central Committee with the following aim and
- To participate in the process of rebuilding our country and in the struggle
for democracy in Burma.
Our objectives are:
- To build up solidarity among our Tavoyan people and to be able to work together with different youth organization from Burma.
- To build up the capacity and ability of our young people.
- To maintain Tavoy’s culture and customs.
As upon aim and objectives that we mention, each of TYO Central Committee
members take responsibility as the following:
4. Non Pe Myint Chairman
5. Ko Soe Voice-Chairman
6. Ma Zar Ni Maw Secretary
7. Ma Thein Win Aung Voice-Secretary
8. Ko Wai Linn Soe member
9. Ma Moe Moe Thet member
10. Ko Toe member
11. Ko Htun Sein member
12. Ko Than Oo member
The achievement of TYO:
1. Participate in different works trainings with other youth organizations.
2. Alternative school for migrant workers from Burma in Ranong.
3. Organization skill-training programs such as Office Management, Computer for TYO members.
4. Providing Internship for its members
5. Membership of SYCB
6. Networking with Tavoyan Women’s Union (TWU) in Ranong region.